R&D Manager MedTech start-up – VIENNA
At AGO Health, we are on a journey to redefine the way cardiac surgeons evaluate aortic valve repair and blood loss in one of the most complex cardiac procedures: the ascending aorta replacement.
In order to provide the best possible product to our customers, we are looking for an ambitious and motivated R&D manager who can lead product development from design input to market launch. If you are this person, please send us your CV and embrace our exciting journey to improve the quality of life for our patients, enhance the outcomes of this challenging surgical practice and reduce postoperative complications.
We can offer you a full time or part time contract depending on your needs.
Responsibilities (your tasks):
- Independent work in the feasibility phase of the project (from brainstorming to market-ready design)
- Documenting the design history and the associated development activities
- Developing an innovative solution based on the product development process in direct cooperation with our lead surgeons
- Creation and approval of CAD models and drawings
- Organize product tests
- Project management and direction, from the idea to the series product
- Contact person for design changes relevant to production
- Technical responsibility within the project
- Definition of design specifications and creation of technical documentation according to applicable guidelines
- Planning and implementation of product validations and verifications together with Q/RA
- You act as an interdisciplinary hub with supply chain, production, test laboratories, clinical partners, marketing and sales
- Together with us and our consultants you will realize the approval of our product as a medical device
Who we are looking for (your profile):
- University degree (Uni, FH) in biomedicine, mechanical engineering or microtechnology
- Several years of experience in medical technology
- Experience in 3D CAD, preferably PTC Creo or Solidworks
- Independent, goal-oriented and effective way of working
- Very good communication and organizational skills
- Teamwork and enthusiasm, flexibility and perseverance
- You have and independent and goal-oriented way of working is a matter of course for you
- Very good written and spoken English
What we offer:
You will immediately participate in the development of a unique product that will improve the quality of life of hundreds of thousands of patients worldwide. But our journey is only beginning. We have an exciting innovation pipeline, and you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of our product to simplify the ascending aorta replacement surgery and improve its quality.
Place of work: Vienna (Austria)
To apply for this role, please send your CV and motivation letter to our CEO Ernesto Urbano at email@example.com